The manufacturing sector constitutes Thailand’s main industry, producing a wide variety of goods such as textiles and garments, plastics, footwear, electronics, integrated circuits, computers and components, automobiles and parts, and cement.
What products are made in Thailand?
Rice is the major crop grown and Thailand is the world’s biggest rice exporter. Other crops grown in the country include: rubber, sugarcane, cassava, fruit, cashew nuts, corn, tobacco, cotton, cocoa, peanuts, soybeans, medical plants, dairy, and fishery products.
What companies manufacture in Thailand?
Manufacturing Companies in Thailand
- YACHIYODA ALLOY WHEEL COMPANY LIMITED. …
- CHAROEN POKPHAND FOODS PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED. …
- INDORAMA VENTURES PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED. …
- TOYOTA MOTOR THAILAND COMPANY LIMITED. …
- PTT GLOBAL CHEMICAL PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED. …
- MTS GOLD COMPANY LIMITED. …
- THAI OIL PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED.
What is the main export in Thailand?
Thailand is an export oriented economy with exports accounting for around 65 percent of the GDP. The country mainly exports manufactured goods (86 percent of total shipments) with electronics (14 percent, vehicles (13 percent), machinery and equipment (7.5 percent) and foodstuffs (7.5 percent) being the most important.
What products does Thailand export?
- Machinery including computers: US$37.7 billion (16.4% of total exports)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $34.1 billion (14.9%)
- Vehicles: $24.1 billion (10.5%)
- Gems, precious metals: $18 billion (7.9%)
- Rubber, rubber articles: $15.5 billion (6.8%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $11.9 billion (5.2%)
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What business is Thailand known for?
The country had been known for long as the world’s number one exporter of rice, until it recently fell behind Vietnam and India. Aside from rice, Thailand is also the World’s largest Rubber exporter and World’s third-largest exporter of seafood, mainly shrimp.
Who is the richest man in Thailand?
The top 10 richest in Thailand are:
- Chirathivat Family; $11.6 billion.
- Sarath Ratanavadi; $8.9 billion.
- Osathanugrah Family; $3.5 billion.
- Somphote Ahunai; $3.3 billion.
- Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth; $3.25 billion.
- Prachak Tangkaravakoon; $3.2 billion.
- Chuchat Petaumpai & Daonapa Petampai; $3 billion.
What is Thailand’s biggest import?
Imports The top imports of Thailand are Crude Petroleum ($18.3B), Integrated Circuits ($8.5B), Petroleum Gas ($7.09B), Vehicle Parts ($6.15B), and Gold ($5.12B), importing mostly from China ($45.7B), Japan ($28.9B), United States ($13.7B), Malaysia ($13B), and Singapore ($9.03B).
What is good to import from Thailand?
Following are the major products that can be imported from Thailand : Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery, etc, Electrical, electronic equipment, Organic chemicals, Iron and steel, Inorganic chemicals, precious metal compound, isotope .