Laos mainly imports oil, machinery and equipment, vehicles, iron and steel, telecommunication equipment, beverages and cement. Laos’ main imports partner is Thailand (66 percent). Other imports partners include China and Vietnam.
What are the top 10 imports?
- Machinery including computers: US$361.6 billion (15% of total imports)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $343.5 billion (14.3%)
- Vehicles: $254.4 billion (10.6%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $139.5 billion (5.8%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $130.1 billion (5.4%)
- Gems, precious metals: $107 billion (4.4%)
What main commodity does Laos want to export to Neighbouring countries?
Main exports are timber, mining commodities and hydroelectricity. Major imports include machinery, equipment and motor vehicles.
Is Laos a poor or rich country?
Despite its growth, Laos remains one of the poorest countries in the world, with a gross domestic product equal to less than 3% of neighboring Thailand, and less than 1% of the United States. About one-third of Laos’ population are living below the poverty line.
What is China’s #1 import?
Imports The top imports of China are Crude Petroleum ($204B), Integrated Circuits ($123B), Iron Ore ($83.1B), Petroleum Gas ($47.8B), and Cars ($43.1B), importing mostly from South Korea ($136B), Japan ($128B), Australia ($111B), Germany ($107B), and United States ($103B).
What is the United States #1 import?
Imports The top imports of United States are Cars ($178B), Crude Petroleum ($123B), Computers ($81.9B), Broadcasting Equipment ($81.8B), and Packaged Medicaments ($79.5B), importing mostly from China ($429B), Mexico ($361B), Canada ($314B), Japan ($134B), and Germany ($131B).
What is America’s #1 export?
Services are the biggest US export, with total foreign sales of $778 billion last year. … These are the service industries that bring in the most money: Travel and transportation: $236 billion.
What products do we buy from China?
Top 10 China Imports
- #3 – Toys, games, and sports equipment.
- #4 – Furniture.
- #5 – Footwear & parts thereof.
- #6 – Apparel, knitted or crocheted.
- #7 – Apparel, not knitted or crocheted.
- #8 – Plastics & articles thereof.
- #9 – Iron, steel.
- #10 – Vehicles, excluding rail.
What are the best things to import from China?
Here are the most popular and the best products to import from China:
- Plastics and articles made of plastics.
- Small kitchen appliances.
What crops are grown in Laos?
Most of the provinces that are deficit in rice are surplus maize producers. Other important economic crops include coffee, sugarcane, cassava, sweet potato and industrial tree crops (such as rubber, eucalyptus and acacia). Lao PDR is a country rich in biodiversity.