Applicants access the change of address e-Service on ICA’s website (https://go.gov.sg/ic-address) using their SingPass. They will receive a unique PIN sent by mail to their new address. Applicants then enter the PIN via the e-Service as a way to verify the new address.
Is it illegal to not update your address in Singapore?
ICA reminds all Singapore Residents (Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents) that it is their responsibility to update their residential addresses to ensure that they remain contactable. The penalty for failing to report a change of address is a fine of up to S$5,000 or imprisonment of up to five years, or to both.
What you need to do when you change your address?
This change of address checklist will fill you in on who you need to give a heads up to about your new home.
- The post office. …
- Tax agencies. …
- Social Security Administration. …
- Gas and electric. …
- Phone, cable, and internet. …
- Other utilities. …
- Home or renters’ insurance. …
- Your employer.
How can I change my foreigner address in Singapore?
With effect from 1 October 2020, Singapore Residents may change their residential address (local or overseas) by accessing the change of address e-Service on ICA’s website (https://go.gov.sg/ic-address) using their SingPass.
Should I change my address before I move?
You can change your address before the move takes place (at least 2 weeks before you move out) or right after you move into the new home. To avoid losing important pieces of mail, changing your address prior to Moving day is the preferred option.
Is it illegal to not update your address?
Vehicles and Licenses
This is an easily overlooked task, but every state requires you to update your address after any move, typically within thirty days. … Since these play such an important role for state and federal governments, failing to update a license or registration is actually a crime in most states.
How can I get proof of address in Singapore?
Proof of Residential Address*
- Local utility bill.
- Local telecommunication bill.
- Local bank statement/credit card statement.
- Letter issued by government of other public bodies regulated for AML practices in a FATF member country.
- Letter from regulated insurance companies in a FATF member country.
When should I change my address?
About a Month Before Your Move
By about 4-5 weeks before your moving day, make sure you have all the necessary information you’ll need to complete your change of address. This is also a good time to remove yourself from any unnecessary mailing lists and cancel and subscriptions you no longer want to receive.
How do I change my permanent address?
Change Your Address
- Go to USPS.com/move to change your address online. This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately get an email confirming the change. There is a $1.05 charge to change your address online. …
- Go to your local post office and request the Mover’s Guide packet. Inside the packet is PS Form 3575.
How do I change my CPF address?
How to change your residential address online
- Report new address via e-service using SingPass. …
- Receive a unique PIN by mail. …
- Enter the PIN via the e-service to verify the new address. …
- Receive a sticker bearing new address by mail.