Home-brewing is illegal in Thailand. To get a beer-making licence, Thais must be able to produce 100,000 litres a year and have $400,000 in the bank, which effectively shuts out small players.
Is brewing at home illegal?
Homebrewing is now legal in all 50 U.S. states with the passage of legalization bills in Alabama and Mississippi in 2013 (American Homebrewers Association). The Brewers Association lists U.S. “state self-distribution laws” (with citations).
Is it illegal to make alcohol in Thailand?
That is why expats and Thai nationals are always shocked when they find out that it is illegal to produce and/or sell alcohol in Thailand without a license. The Thai Government authorizes local governments to regulate alcohol production and sale under the Health Code.
How much homebrew Can I legally make?
Most states permit homebrewing of 100 US gallons (380 l) of beer per adult (of 21 years or older) per year and up to a maximum of 200 US gallons (760 l) per household annually when there are two or more adults residing in the household.
What is the best beer in the world?
the ratebeer top 50
|1||Toppling Goliath Kentucky Brunch||Stout – Imperial Flavored / Pastry|
|2||Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter||Stout – Imperial|
|3||Westvleteren 12 XII||Quadrupel / Abt|
|4||3 Fonteinen Zenne y Frontera||Lambic – Unblended Jonge / Oude|
HOW MUCH IS Singha beer in Thailand?
The average price of Singha beer in a bar is 90 baht to 150 baht for the 640 ml Bottle. With the most expensive in nightclubs and hotel bars, where you can pay as much as 160 baht upwards.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is chewing gum illegal in Thailand?
3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. I wouldn’t really class this one as silly – unusual, perhaps, but not an out-and-out silly one of the laws in Thailand. Plus, it’s one that’s definitely worth bearing in mind because there’s a pretty hefty fine if you get caught (nearly £400).
Can you drink alcohol in Thailand?
Drinking area – Thailand is a highly religious country that is intolerant of profane activities. Drinking alcohol is illegal in places including temples, worship sites, pharmacies, gas stations, public offices, public parks and schools. Lawbreakers will face imprisonment of six months and or a fine of over 10,000 Baht.