Bangkok is generally safe for travelers of all genders and races, even compared to other megacities across the world. As a solo female traveler, you can wear almost anything you want, roam the city on a whim and even go clubbing on your own (though you should do all of these with caution—see our safety tips below).
Is it safe to travel to Thailand alone as a woman?
While Thailand is generally very safe for women traveling alone, you should always be aware of your surroundings. … While Thailand is a relatively safe country, women travelers from western countries are often stereotyped, and the social freedoms you may be used to at home could be taboo in Thailand.
Is it safe to travel in Bangkok alone?
Bangkok is safe for solo travelers, and a great first city to solo-travel in. … However, there are areas of Bangkok that are all about partying and drinking, and the biggest incidents happen when people are drunk and stupid. Don’t get too drunk.
Why Thailand is not safe?
In fact, Thailand is rated as the least dangerous country in Southeast Asia for travelers. There is a history of social unrest and violent conflicts in parts of the country, but crimes in tourist areas are rare.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What should I avoid in Bangkok?
10 Things NOT to Do in Bangkok
- Don’t… get a taxi that’s already parked.
- Don’t… forget to stand up during the King’s Anthem.
- Don’t… sit next to a monk (if you’re female)
- Don’t… buy rounds in a nightclub, buy a bottle!
- Don’t… carry your passport around.
- Don’t… wear shorts or a skirt to the temple.
- Don’t… …
- Don’t …
Are things expensive in Bangkok?
You can go quite far with only little money. However, being a capital city, you can expect Bangkok’s prices to be a bit higher but it’s still very affordable. … Spending money left and right will end up on a very expensive trip.
How can a girl travel safely?
Top 10 Travel Safety Tips for Women
- Travel Safety Tips.
- Research Your Destination Thoroughly Before Your Trip.
- Keep Your Valuables On You While in Transit.
- Only Take What You Need and Leave the Rest Locked Up.
- Don’t Trust People Too Quickly.
- Watch Your Drinking.
- Blend in as Much as You Can.
- Spend Extra Money on Staying Safe.