What are the periods of Philippine literature?
The different literary periods in Philippine literature include the pre-colonial period, the Spanish colonial era, the American colonial era and the contemporary period. Literature in the Philippines evolved as part of the country’s changing history.
What are the five periods of Philippine literature?
According to Mariñas (1974) Philippine Literature in Spanish can be divided into 5 stages of development namely:
- Works of Spanish Religious About the Philippines (1593–1800)
- Formative Stage (1800–1900)
- Nationalist Stage (1883–1903)
- The Golden Age (1903–1966)
- Modern Works (1966–present)
What are two major types of literature?
Literature can be classified according to whether it is fiction or non-fiction and whether it is poetry or prose.
What are 2 major types of literature?
Literature can be classified into two main groups: Prose and poetry. In the works of many famous authors – including Shakespeare and Bronté – both poetry and prose are merged together, as there is no clear divide between the two.
What are the six literary periods in the Philippines?
- I. PRE-COLONIAL PERIOD (–BC to 1564) A. …
- II. SPANISH COLONIZATION PERIOD (1565 – 1863) A. …
- III. NATIONALISTIC / PROPAGANDA AND REVOLUTIONARY PERIOD. (1864 – 1896) …
- IV. AMERICAN COLONIAL PERIOD (1910 – 1945) A. …
- V. JAPANESE OCCUPATION (1942 – 1960) A. …
- VI. CONTEMPORARY/MODERN PERIOD (1960 – PRESENT) A.
What are the 8 major periods of world literature?
World Literature Periods
- THE ENLIGHTENMENT (NEOCLASSICAL) PERIOD (C. 1660-1790)
- ROMANTIC PERIOD (c. 1790-1830)
- VICTORIAN PERIOD And The 19th Century (c. 1832-1901)
- MODERN PERIOD (c. 1914-1945)
- POSTMODERN PERIOD (c. 1945 onward)
- ENLIGHTENMENT/REVOLUTIONARY (1750-1800)
- ROMANTICISM (1800-1840)
- REALISM (1865-1915)
What are the 8 periods of English literature?
The most important 8 periods of English Literature are:
- Old English (Anglo-Saxon Period): 450–1066.
- Middle English Period: 1066-1500.
- Renaissance: 1500-1600.
- Neoclassical Period: 1600-1785.
- Romantic Period: 1785-1832.
- Victorian Age: 1832-1901.
- Edwardian Period: 1901-1914.
- Georgian Period: 1910-1936.