The Philippines famous landforms are many and include the famed Chocolate Hills in Bohol , the famous rice terraces in Benguit, the Maria Cristina Water Falls (this is one of Philippines famous landforms and is know to be one of the world’s highest water falls) in Mindanao and of course the Palawan Underground River.
What are the different bodies of water found in the Philippines?
The Philippine coastline adds up to 17,500 kms. Three prominent bodies of water surround the archipelago: the Pacific Ocean on the east, the South China Sea on the west and north, and the Celebes Sea on the south.
What are the different types of landforms in the Philippines?
These are the different landforms of the Philippines:
What are 3 different types of water landforms?
Coastal and oceanic landforms
- Abyssal fan – Underwater geological structures associated with large-scale sediment deposition.
- Abyssal plain – Flat area on the deep ocean floor.
- Archipelago – Collection of islands.
- Atoll – Ring-shaped coral reef.
- Arch – Natural rock formation where a rock arch forms.
What are the 5 bodies of water in the Philippines?
The Philippines is bounded in the west by the South China Sea, and in the south by the Sulu and Celebes Sea. Other seas in the Philippine territory include the Bohol Sea, Camotes Sea, Samar Sea, Sibuyan Sea, Sulu Sea, and Visayan Sea.
What map shows landforms and water bodies?
Answer: Topographic maps also show other important natural features such as lakes, rivers and streams. Their locations are determined by topography, making them important natural elements of topographic maps. Important cultural features are also shown on topographic maps.
What are the 10 identified landforms in the Philippines?
Land Formations in the Philippines
- Island. An island is a land formation surrounded by water. …
- Plain. A plain is wide stretch of flat land. …
- Valley. A valley is flat stretch of land found between two mountains. …
- Plateau. A plateau is a flat stretch of land on top of a mountain. …
- Mountain Ranges. …
- Mountain. …
- Volcano. …