What makes Indonesia unique?
It has 139 volcanoes
Indonesia has the third most volcanoes in the world, behind the US and Russia, according to the National Museum of Natural History’s Global Volcanism Program. The volcanic island of Krakatoa, between Java and Sumatra, is perhaps the most famous.
Which country is overpopulated?
Extending over 17,000 islands, Indonesia comes fourth among the world’s most populous countries, standing at 273.5 million people. Pakistan comes in fifth, with 220.8 million.
The 50 Most Populous Countries.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What are 10 interesting facts about Indonesia?
20 Unusual, Interesting and Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia is home to over 100 endangered animals. …
- Indonesia has the world’s biggest ‘young’ population. …
- The world’s biggest flower lives in Indonesia. …
- Home to over 700 different languages and dialects. …
- Indonesia is the hottest spot on the Pacific Ring of Fire.