The city is known for its street life and cultural landmarks, as well as its red-light districts. The Grand Palace and Buddhist temples including Wat Arun and Wat Pho stand in contrast with other tourist attractions such as the nightlife scenes of Khaosan Road and Patpong.
Are things expensive in Bangkok?
You can go quite far with only little money. However, being a capital city, you can expect Bangkok’s prices to be a bit higher but it’s still very affordable. … Spending money left and right will end up on a very expensive trip.
What is famous food in Bangkok?
Local Foods You Must Try When Visiting Bangkok
- Tom yum goong (spicy shrimp soup)
- Som tum (spicy green papaya salad)
- Tom kha kai (chicken in coconut soup)
- Gaeng daeng (red curry)
- Pad Thai (Thai-style fried noodles)
- Khao pad (fried rice)
- Pad krapow moo (stir-fried basil and pork)
- Gaeng keow wan kai (green chicken curry)
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What is Thailand’s biggest industry?
Exports and tourism are the main drivers of Thailand’s growth. The tourism sector grew by 7.5% in 2018 while exports saw a 7.2% growth. Its key exports are automotive and electronic goods, as well as agricultural products such as rice, rubber, sugar and tapioca.