Inadequate physical facilities and occupational safety measures exposure to hazardous chemicals, unreasonable work schedule, unjust compensation, inadequate leave benefits, limited, if not absence of opportunity for personal and professional growth, and unstable employment status – these are but a few of the unjust …
What are the labor problems in the Philippines?
Unemployment and underemployment are the Philippines’ most important problems and the key indicators of the weaknesses of the economy. Today, around 4 million workers (about 12% of the labor force) are unemployed and another 5 million (around 17% of those employed) are underemployed.
What are the problems in the Philippines?
The Philippines also suffers major human-caused environmental degradation aggravated by a high annual population growth rate, including loss of agricultural lands, deforestation, soil erosion, air and water pollution, improper disposal of solid and toxic wastes, loss of coral reefs, mismanagement and abuse of coastal …
What are some of the problems with modern labor?
On This Page
- Discrimination and Harassment at Your Job.
- Wrongful Discharge/Termination of Employment.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Minimum Wage, Overtime, and Misclassification.
- Unsafe Workplace Complaints and Conditions.
- Workers’ Compensation for Illness or Injury on the Job.
What are the 3 basic rights of workers?
You have three basic rights: the right to refuse dangerous work and know that you’re protected from reprisal. the right to know about workplace hazards and have access to basic health and safety information. the right to participate in health and safety discussions and health and safety committees.
What are the current social issues in the Philippines?
Poverty, lack of education, drug or substance abuse, vice, crime and unemployment are among the many problems that continue to batter them. Likewis:e, recent issues on the rising number of street children in urban centers, child abuse, forced-labor and pedophilia are quite alarming, aggravating the plight of the youth.
What are the top 5 environmental problems in the Philippines 2020?
Top 5 Environmental Problems in the Philippines (via PSST.PH)
- Pollution. Pollution, in context, is the introduction of contaminants into the environment causing adverse change. …
- Global warming due to emission of greenhouse gases. …
- Overpopulation. …
- Natural resources depletion. …
- Waste disposal.
What are some examples of unfair labor practices?
- Refusing to process a grievance because an employee is not a union member.
- Threatening an employee for filing a ULP charge.
- Refusing to negotiate in good faith with an agency.
- Calling, participating in, or supporting a strike, work stoppage, or slowdown.
What is an unfair treatment?
Unfair treatment can include being passed over for a promotion or better opportunity because of nepotism, favoritism, or office politics. It can include a boss who is a bully and yells and screams at you for no reason.
How can we solve labor problems?
3 Ways to Fix Your Labor Shortage
- Fix #1: Increase wages. The first solution is to increase wages. …
- Fix #2: Increase hours. The second option is to ask your existing employees to work more hours. …
- Fix #3: Increase productivity. The third solution is to increase the productivity of your existing workforce.