The literature has three major categories, namely prose, poetry and plays.
What are the three general divisions of the Philippine literature?
What are the three general divisions of philippine literature?
- Poetry – written in stanzas and verse form.
- Prose – written paragraph form. …
- Oral Lore (ancient writings) and Pre-Colonial Era.
- During Colonialism.
- Under the Philippine Republic and Contemporary Era.
What are the five general divisions of Philippine literature?
According to Mariñas (1974) Philippine Literature in Spanish can be divided into 5 stages of development namely:
- Works of Spanish Religious About the Philippines (1593–1800)
- Formative Stage (1800–1900)
- Nationalist Stage (1883–1903)
- The Golden Age (1903–1966)
- Modern Works (1966–present)
What are the general divisions of literature?
The two divisions of literature are prose and poetry.
What are the divisions and branches of literature?
Branches of literature
- BY: CHELDY S. …
- LITERATURE • Literature has only three specific and main branches and that is poetry, prose and drama. …
- GENRES OF LITERATURE POETRY • POETRY: Verbal utterances that are composed according to metrical schemes.
What are the 7 literary elements?
A literary element refers to components of a literary work (character, setting, plot, theme, frame, exposition, ending/denouement, motif, titling, narrative point-‐of-‐view). These are technical terms for the “what” of a work.
What is the main theme of Philippine literature?
The early writings in English were characterized by melodrama, unreal language, and unsubtle emphasis on local color. The literary content later imbibed themes that express the search for Filipino identity, reconciling the centuries-old Spanish and American influence to the Philippines’ Asian heritage.
What are common themes in literature?
Six common themes in literature are:
- Good vs. evil.
- Courage and perseverance.
- Coming of age.
What are forms of literature?
Forms of literature
- Poetry. A poem is a composition usually written in verse. …
- Drama. A play or drama offers another classical literary form that has continued to evolve over the years. …
- Essays. …
- Prose fiction.
What are the literary approaches?
Approaches to Literary Criticism
- Formalist criticism.
- Deconstructionist criticism.
- Historical criticism.
- Inter-textual criticism.
- Reader-response criticism.
- Mimetic criticism.
- Symbolic/Archetypal criticism.
- Psychological criticism.